Verizon Wireless offers powerful tools for business customers who need to create and showcase presentations while on the go. A Verizon Wireless smartphone, such as the DROID RAZR(TM) or the DROID 4 by Motorola, loaded with business-ready apps available in the Verizon Apps store, is ideal to develop and deliver presentations that will impress customers, prospects and business associates.
For additional insight on how a company can enhance their best practices, small business owners click here.
Verizon Wireless customers can use their smartphones to share live video broadcasts of life’s special moments with their Facebook friends using Color for Facebook, a free social camera application.
Color for Facebook highlights the power of video on Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network, giving customers with a wide range of smartphones the ability to broadcast up to 30 seconds of live video and share the important moments in their daily lives at blazing speeds. Verizon Wireless customers will also have access to an exclusive audio feature to add sound to their broadcasts.
Verizon Wireless customers can dial “**COLOR” to download the app, or download it from a number of app stores. The app is free, and other charges will apply according to a customer’s data package. To learn more click through.
Wondering if your device is compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich? Click through for a list of Verizon Wireless devices currently scheduled to be upgraded. We will continue to update this list as additional details become available throughout the year.
Follow @VZWNews on Twitter for additional upgrade announcements.
Verizon Wireless and Samsung today announced the Samsung Stratosphere™, a Galaxy S® smartphone, will be available in Verizon Wireless stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning Oct. 13.
The Samsung Stratosphere is the first 4G LTE smartphone from Verizon Wireless equipped with a five-row QWERTY keyboard and designed with Samsung’s four-inch Super AMOLED display. Additionally, the Stratosphere supports enhanced B2B-enabled connectivity services from Cisco, the most comprehensive mobile implementation of Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) and support for secure remote device management from Sybase Afaria.
- 4G LTE – customers can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G LTE mobile broadband coverage areas
- Five-row QWERTY keyboard
- Samsung Super AMOLED™ Screen Technology makes watching movies, viewing videos and playing games come to life, even in bright light and outdoor environments
- Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread – support for Google™ Mobile Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™ and access to more than 250,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
- Samsung 1 GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application Processor
- Front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video chat and 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus and flash (720p HD playback and 480p DVD-quality recording)
- Mobile Hotspot Capability – share 4G connection with up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices or a 3G connection with up to five devices
- AllShare® – enables wireless connectivity through Digital Living Network Alliance® (DLNA), so customers can send multimedia content to other DLNA Certified®-enabled devices such as TVs and laptops
- Samsung Media Hub – Samsung’s own content service, offering a vast lineup of critically acclaimed films and TV programs for rent or purchase
- Bluetooth® 3.0 technology – support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, and object push for vCard and vCalendar
- Multiple video file formats supported, including DivX and XviD
- Wi-Fi Connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
Verizon Wireless and Intuit Inc. today announced a strategic alliance to give all small businesses – from the sole proprietor to a medium-sized business – the ability to process credit card payments on smartphones and tablets. The companies are now offering Intuit’s GoPayment app and pocket-sized credit card reader in Verizon Wireless’ 2,300 retail stores and business-to-business sales channels.
“Payments and transactions are often the biggest hurdle businesses face. Our value proposition is to streamline, simplify and enable business owners to get paid with minimal delay. This collaboration with Intuit is an important part of our strategy to bring the most innovative online and mobile tools to our customers.”said Mike Schaefer, executive director of the Business Solutions Group for Verizon Wireless.
Verizon Wireless will expand its 4G LTE network service to an additional 29 suburbs of Boston, most of them west of the city, 4G subscribers will get faster Internet surfing and better video streaming on their 4G enabled smartphones, tablets, and other devices.
Communities set to get 4G coverage tomorrow include:
Ashland, Bellingham, Boxborough, Dover, Foxborough, Framingham, Franklin, Groton, Holliston, Hopkinton, Hudson, Lincoln, Marlborough, Maynard, Medfield, Medway, Millis, Norfolk, Plainville, Sharon, Sherborn, Stow, Sudbury, Tyngsborough, Walpole, Wayland, West, Bridgewater, Westford, and Wrentham.
Customers can type in their addresses to see if they live in a 4G coverage area here: http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/coverage
Verizon Wireless today introduced Verizon Video, a new version of its video-on-demand application for mobile phones. Verizon Video offers Verizon Wireless customers access to current TV episodes, live streaming of major sporting and news events, and a high-quality video experience, all powered by the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network.
Customers who subscribe to Verizon Video have access to premium video content as part of NFL Mobile from Verizon, including NFL RedZone on Sunday afternoons, NBC’s Sunday Night Football and NFL Network – which airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis.
Did you know “83% of American adults own some kind of cell phone—and these devices have an impact on many aspects of their owners’ daily lives”?
Check out the latest information found by a nationally representative telephone survey by Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project:
* One third of American adults (35%) own a smartphone of some kind, and these users take advantage of a wide range of their phones’ capabilities.
* Cell phones are useful for quick information retrieval (so much so that their absence can cause problems) – Half of all adult cell owners (51%) had used their phone at least once to get information they needed right away. One quarter (27%) said that they experienced a situation in the previous month in which they had trouble doing something because they did not have their phone at hand.
* Cell phones are an important tool in emergency situations – 40% of cell owners said they found themselves in an emergency situation in which having their phone with them helped.
* Text messaging and picture taking continue to top the list of ways that Americans use their mobile phones—three quarters of all cell owners (73%) use their phones for each of these purposes.