Gospel legend CeCe Winans and GRAMMY® Award-winning artist, songwriter and producer, Donald Lawrence, will return in 2011 to co-host Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound™ – the country’s biggest gospel music celebration.
Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound tour provides a platform for church choirs to share and celebrate their faith and talent with people across the country. From September 15 - October 4, participating choirs will perform in front of gospel legends and fans and this year’s tour will travel to nine cities—Dallas, Atlanta, Charlotte, Washington D.C., Detroit, St. Louis, Chicago, Los Angeles and Oakland.
Tickets to Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound tour go on sale in July. For more details about Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound, including video content, judging criteria, ticket sales information and official rules please visit:
The national gospel choir competition gives church choirs across the country a chance to win the title of “The Best Church Choir in America” and up to $50,000 in cash and prizes.
CeCe Winans, gospel industry legend and winner of numerous GRAMMY® and Stellar Awards, will join co-host and GRAMMY-winning songwriter, producer, arranger and music director Donald Lawrence as the tour emcee at each of the 14 regional competitions and the finale. Marvin Sapp, Hezekiah Walker, Byron Cage, James Fortune, Dorinda Clark Cole, Fred Hammond, Kurt Carr, Richard Smallwood and more will join the competition as judges.
- Houston (Sept. 9, Toyota Center)
- Jacksonville, Fla. (Sept. 11, Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena)
- Memphis, Tenn. (Sept. 14, FedEx Forum)
- Philadelphia (Sept. 17, Wachovia Center)
- Washington, D.C. (Sept. 18, Verizon Center)
- Newark, N.J. (Sept. 22, Prudential Center)
- Cleveland (Sept. 24, Quicken Loans Arena)
- Detroit (Sept. 25, Joe Louis Arena)
- Chicago (Sept. 27, United Center)
- Charlotte, N.C. (Sept. 30, Time Warner Cable Arena)
- Atlanta (Oct. 2, Philips Arena)
- St. Louis (Oct. 5, Scottrade Center)
- Oakland, Calif. (Oct. 9, ORACLE Arena)
- Los Angeles (Oct. 11, STAPLES Center)
More info here.