Verizon and their Education Empowerment Program, with the help of the Paterson Public School and the Board of Education of Paterson, selected 20 students to compete in a competition to develop a new marketing plan for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Partnering with Samsung and SOTI, the School of Business, Technology, Marketing and Finance as a part of the John F. Kennedy High School in Paterson, NJ presented 20 students with Galaxy Tab 2 devices to help them with their marketing plans which will involve creating a plan and a video showcasing the very device that they will be using.
The program will focus on mobile learning and using technology in the everyday life to prepare them for higher education as well as the workforce. The goal is to have the program prepare the students for college and career success. Verizon will be providing the 20 students with free service during their 4 months with the devices and of course prizes for the best marketing plan. June 2013 is when the program will commence. The students, Verizon and a panel of judges will choose just 3 finalist of the 20 students. Voting will be online and open to the public to determine first, second, and third place winners.
Verizon has previously worked with other schools in Boston, MA and Newark, NJ.
For more info on this and other Verizon Wireless initiatives, check out http://news.verizonwireless.com/
This Holiday shopping season there’s an unprecedented amount of choices when it comes to wireless devices— from the new Windows Phone 8, iPhone5, Samsung Galaxy Note II and Droid DNA to the iPad mini and Samsung Galaxy Tab. With so many exceptional devices, it can be overwhelming to navigate the mobile landscape to find what’s perfect for you and those on your holiday shopping list.
If you take a few minutes to ask yourself some questions and figure out your device personality, it can help to take the guesswork out of smartphone shopping this season. Reblog and tell us what your device personality is?
- The Memory Keeper — Do you use your smartphone primarily for capturing and sharing videos and photos of the holiday play, summer vacations and every moment in-between? Try the new Windows 8 phone, take perfect pictures in almost any condition with minimized blurriness and sharp, true-to-life colors thanks to the HTC ImageChip.
- The Digital Juggler — Do you want, or need, the convenience of being able to conference call, check emails, download and review large, work files on-the-go? You’ll want to check out the Samsung Galaxy Note II, divide the screen into two active “windows” creating a split screen that enables fluid multitasking between applications.
- The Digital Mover & Shaker — Do you frequently use your device to play games, download music and movies and watch TV online? Is it a huge part of who you are, and not just an accessory? The iPad Mini, features stunning Retina display and over 275,000 apps.
- The Social Butterfly — Do you use Facebook, Twitter and other social media daily? Hourly? Do you connect with friends online more often than offline? Go for the iPhone5 with iOS 6, the world’s most advanced mobile operating system with Facebook integration.
- The Mobile Business Whiz — Do you find yourself working on your smartphone or tablet almost as much as your desktop? Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab which is SAFE™ (Samsung Approved For Enterprise) certified so you can use your Tab as a secure mobile business center.
For more information on the functionality of each device visit a Verizon Wireless store near you and get connected with the best device for your needs.
Verizon Wireless was chosen to partner with East Orange Campus High School in East Orange New Jersey to pilot a program using tablets for education. All 480 students will receive a 7″ Samsung Galaxy Tab that will operate on a private network, also implemented by Verizon Wireless.
“This is a logical next step for school systems; delivering information in a way that our students are accustomed to consuming it,” said Makeba McCray, Technology Coordinator for East Orange Campus High School. “With the increasing cost of paper and the popularity of digital devices, this was also a natural cost-saving step that we hope everyone will benefit from and enjoy. To complement our plans, we needed a carrier with a reliable network at a great value. We’re excited to work with Verizon Wireless, who gave us exactly what we hoped for.”
For more information please see: http://thedroidguy.com/2011/10/verizon-wireless-tests-steve-jobs-educational-vision-except-with-android/