This Holiday shopping season there’s an unprecedented amount of choices when it comes to wireless devices— from the new Windows Phone 8, iPhone5, Samsung Galaxy Note II and Droid DNA to the iPad mini and Samsung Galaxy Tab. With so many exceptional devices, it can be overwhelming to navigate the mobile landscape to find what’s perfect for you and those on your holiday shopping list.
If you take a few minutes to ask yourself some questions and figure out your device personality, it can help to take the guesswork out of smartphone shopping this season. Reblog and tell us what your device personality is?
- The Memory Keeper — Do you use your smartphone primarily for capturing and sharing videos and photos of the holiday play, summer vacations and every moment in-between? Try the new Windows 8 phone, take perfect pictures in almost any condition with minimized blurriness and sharp, true-to-life colors thanks to the HTC ImageChip.
- The Digital Juggler — Do you want, or need, the convenience of being able to conference call, check emails, download and review large, work files on-the-go? You’ll want to check out the Samsung Galaxy Note II, divide the screen into two active “windows” creating a split screen that enables fluid multitasking between applications.
- The Digital Mover & Shaker — Do you frequently use your device to play games, download music and movies and watch TV online? Is it a huge part of who you are, and not just an accessory? The iPad Mini, features stunning Retina display and over 275,000 apps.
- The Social Butterfly — Do you use Facebook, Twitter and other social media daily? Hourly? Do you connect with friends online more often than offline? Go for the iPhone5 with iOS 6, the world’s most advanced mobile operating system with Facebook integration.
- The Mobile Business Whiz — Do you find yourself working on your smartphone or tablet almost as much as your desktop? Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab which is SAFE™ (Samsung Approved For Enterprise) certified so you can use your Tab as a secure mobile business center.
For more information on the functionality of each device visit a Verizon Wireless store near you and get connected with the best device for your needs.
For college students preparing to go back to school, it is essential to have the proper devices to succeed academically, make connections on campus and check in with family.
Apps and services like Skype provide an avenue for parents to spend time with their freshman away from home. Combined with the power of 4G LTE smartphones such as the Samsung Galaxy S III and DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE by HTC, parents can expect better connectivity and more time chatting.
When it comes time for schoolwork, E-reader apps like Kindle for Android have classic literature and new titles available for download, lightening the load to haul around campus and possibly saving a few dollars in the process.
Some mobile hotspots, such as the VerizonJetpack MiFi 4620L, provide 4G LTE connectivity for up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices so you and your dorm pals can have a shareable Wi-Fi signal wherever needed, turning the dining hall or quad into an impromptu study space.
How do you plan on preparing your kids to go away for school? How will you keep in touch? Check back here on Friday for other helpful devices, tips and apps we’ll be sharing with mommy bloggers as everyone prepares for back-to-school.
Following today’s upgrade to the popular Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, the DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola will be the first 4G LTE smartphones on the Verizon Wireless network to be Global Ready.
Among the additional features offered with the ICS update is Face Unlock—a feature which uses the device’s front-facing camera and state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to allow for convenient access, exclusive to the device owner.
Additional features and information for the ICS upgrade can be found here.
Verizon Wireless and HTC today announced the new and exclusive DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE by HTC. The DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE will be the twenty third 4G LTE-enabled device currently available on the Verizon Wireless network.
The new DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE by HTC will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at http://www.verizonwireless.com/ in the coming weeks.
In real-world, fully-loaded network environments, 4G LTE customers along theI-270 and I-70 corridors can enjoy the fast speeds of the world’s
first large-scale 4G LTE network. The company is rapidly building out
its 4G LTE network, currently covering more than 160 million
Americans, with plans to bring coverage to more than 185 million
Americans by the end of 2011.
Residents with 4G LTE can choose from an array of devices to access
the blazingly fast speeds including:
The Revolution™ by LG is the first Android™ smartphone
The DROID Charge by Samsung
The ThunderBolt™ by HTC smartphone is powered by Android
The Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1 with 4G LTE
The Compaq™ Mini CQ10-688nr with built-in 4G LTE
The HP® Pavilion dm1-3010nr Entertainment PC with 4G LTE
Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi™ 4510L and the Samsung 4G
LTE Mobile Hotspot SCH-LC11
Verizon Wireless 4G LTE USB Modem 551L
The Pantech UML290 USB modem
For more information please see: http://news.vzw.com/
Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility, Inc., today announced the new Android™-powered DROID 3 by Motorola, a global smartphone. DROID 3 by Motorola is the world’s thinnest full QWERTY smartphone, and still delivers the power of a dual-core 1 GHz processor for fast multi-tasking.
Customers can take stunning photos with the 8-megapixel camera or capture the moment in 1080p HD video. Equipped with Android 2.3, the DROID 3 by Motorola features a brilliant 4-inch qHD display, a roomy 5-row QWERTY keyboard and 3G Mobile Hotspot capabilities, with the ability to connect up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
DROID 3 by Motorola is now available online at www.verizonwireless.com, and will be available in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores by July 14 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.