On Friday, June 21, The Greater Philadelphia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce hosted the Latino Business Series at Temple University’s Fox School of Business. Sponsored by Verizon Wireless, the small business fair welcomed 200 guests for a half-day educational event of workshops addressing small business functions such as technology, social media, business planning and access to capital. Business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs from the Greater Philadelphia Latino Community were given the opportunity to attend the Verizon ‘Powerful Answers’ Workshop, led by Michele Ruiz and designed to provide attendees with the knowledge to power, connect and grow business through mobile technology.
Guests were also encouraged to nominate themselves or a fellow business owner for the Verizon Latino Business Series’ Entrepreneur of the Year award. The winner will receive a $25,000 cash infusion, five 4G LTE devices and free voice and data service for a year provided by Verizon Wireless.
Verizon Wireless is committed to supporting Philadelphia’s Latino Business Community with mobile technology solutions, tools and resources. Along with the Greater Philadelphia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Verizon hopes to educate local Latino organizations on technological options to help grow their business.
More than 300 African American, female small business owners from the greater Washington, DC area attended the Verizon Wireless Small Business Women’s Empowerment Evening on December 18th at the National Museum of Women in the Arts. Verizon Wireless NEA Vice President for Customer Care Victoria Boston (center) delivered welcoming remarks and introduced two business icons and successful women entrepreneurs, Sheila Johnson (left) and Cathy Hughes (right). Johnson is the founder and CEO of Salamander Hotels and Resorts; Vice Chairman o
This Holiday shopping season there’s an unprecedented amount of choices when it comes to wireless devices— from the new Windows Phone 8, iPhone5, Samsung Galaxy Note II and Droid DNA to the iPad mini and Samsung Galaxy Tab. With so many exceptional devices, it can be overwhelming to navigate the mobile landscape to find what’s perfect for you and those on your holiday shopping list.
If you take a few minutes to ask yourself some questions and figure out your device personality, it can help to take the guesswork out of smartphone shopping this season. Reblog and tell us what your device personality is?
- The Memory Keeper — Do you use your smartphone primarily for capturing and sharing videos and photos of the holiday play, summer vacations and every moment in-between? Try the new Windows 8 phone, take perfect pictures in almost any condition with minimized blurriness and sharp, true-to-life colors thanks to the HTC ImageChip.
- The Digital Juggler — Do you want, or need, the convenience of being able to conference call, check emails, download and review large, work files on-the-go? You’ll want to check out the Samsung Galaxy Note II, divide the screen into two active “windows” creating a split screen that enables fluid multitasking between applications.
- The Digital Mover & Shaker — Do you frequently use your device to play games, download music and movies and watch TV online? Is it a huge part of who you are, and not just an accessory? The iPad Mini, features stunning Retina display and over 275,000 apps.
- The Social Butterfly — Do you use Facebook, Twitter and other social media daily? Hourly? Do you connect with friends online more often than offline? Go for the iPhone5 with iOS 6, the world’s most advanced mobile operating system with Facebook integration.
- The Mobile Business Whiz — Do you find yourself working on your smartphone or tablet almost as much as your desktop? Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab which is SAFE™ (Samsung Approved For Enterprise) certified so you can use your Tab as a secure mobile business center.
For more information on the functionality of each device visit a Verizon Wireless store near you and get connected with the best device for your needs.
Verizon Wireless offers powerful tools for business customers who need to create and showcase presentations while on the go. A Verizon Wireless smartphone, such as the DROID RAZR(TM) or the DROID 4 by Motorola, loaded with business-ready apps available in the Verizon Apps store, is ideal to develop and deliver presentations that will impress customers, prospects and business associates.
For additional insight on how a company can enhance their best practices, small business owners click here.
Fortune magazine has ranked Verizon No. 1 in the telecommunications sector of the publication’s 2012 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. As a leader in mobility, broadband and global connectivity, Verizon’s products help enable the relationships that make society possible.
In doing so, last year the company formalized a strategy called “Shared Success,” under which it will create long-term business and social value by bringing the transformational power of technology and innovation to the needs of its customers and communities.
Verizon is pledging $500,000 to help domestic violence survivors become entrepreneurs. The initial $100,000 grants awarded to workforce development programs, in partnership with local domestic violence advocacy agencies, in New York City, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and Albany.
Grants will fund the development of pilot training programs designed to help survivors learn valuable business skills they can use to start or expand a small business, leading to greater financial stability and independence which are key to escaping the cycle of violence.
Check out Verizon Wireless’ Small Business Advisor, a free, interactive tool that provides quick and easy recommendations for mobile solutions. The new service is designed to help customers find small business solutions that help boost productivity, protect information and use wireless technology to grow their business.
Verizon Wireless’ Small Business Advisor is now available for free at http://smallbizadvisor.verizonwireless.com.