Verizon plans to show off the new technology using the LG Revolution, a smartphone announced earlier this year during the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. It will be the company’s first smartphone with VoLTE capablity when it goes on sale later this year, although the actual service will not be available until 2012.
"This was an exciting day," said Dan Mead, president and chief executive officer for Verizon Wireless. “In just our first two hours, we had already sold more phones than any first day launch in our history. And, when you consider these initial orders were placed between the hours of 3 a.m. and 5 a.m., it is an incredible success story. It is gratifying to know that our customers responded so enthusiastically to this exclusive offer – designed to reward them for their loyalty.
To celebrate the iPhone’s launch on the Verizon Wireless network, Verizon Wireless Northeast is giving away five iPhone cases, one from each of its regional Twitter accounts. To enter, follow the appropriate account located below.
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia in the United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of Verizon Wireless (“Sponsor”) and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins on February 3, 2011 9:00 A.M. EST and ends on February 10, 2011 at 5:00 P.M. EST (“Sweepstakes Period”). There will be one (1) winner for each of Verizon Wireless’s five (5) regions as follows:
Upstate New York Region (Albany County, Broome County, Cattaraugus County, Cayuga County, Chautauqua County, Chemung County, Clinton County, Cortland County, Dutchess County, Erie County, Genesee County, Herkimer County, Jefferson County, Monroe County, Niagara County, Oneida County, Onondaga County, Ontario County, Orange County, Otsego County, Rensselaer County, Saratoga County, Schenectady County, St. Lawrence County, Tompkins County, Ulster County, Warren County)
New England Region (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut)
Philadelphia Region (Pennsylvania and Delaware)
New York Metro (Bergen County, Bronx County, Essex County, Hudson County, Hunterdon County, Kings County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Nassau County, New York County, Passaic County, Queens County, Richmond County, Rockland County, Somerset County, Suffolk County, Union County, Westchester County)
Washington/Baltimore/Virginia (“WBV”) Region (Maryland, Virginia and District of Columbia)
(each a “Region” or collectively the “Regions”). For a chance to win, follow on Twitter a tweet from the respective Region as follows:
If you are a resident of the New York Metro Region, you must follow @VzW_NYMetro on Twitter and retweet one (1) time the following message – “The iPhone is here! Follow @VZW_NYMetro & RT this by 2/10 4 chance to win free PureGear iPhone case. Rules: Bit.ly/VZWiCase” - for a chance to win the prize described in paragraph 4 below.
If you are a resident of the New England Region, you must follow @VZWNewEnglandPR on Twitter and retweet one (1) time the following message “The iPhone is here! Follow @VZWNewEnglandPR & RT this by 2/10 4 chance to win free PureGear iPhone case. Rules: Bit.ly/VZWiCase” - for a chance to win the prize described in paragraph 4 below.
If you are a resident of the Upstate New York Region, you must follow @johnnyverizon on Twitter and retweet one (1) time the following message - “The iPhone is here! Follow @johnnyverizon & RT this by 2/10 4 chance to win free PureGear iPhone case. Rules: Bit.ly/VZWiCase” - for a chance to win the prize described in paragraph 4 below.
If you are a resident of the Philadelphia Region, you must follow @VZWPhillyMetro on Twitter and retweet one (1) time the following message - “The iPhone is here! Follow @VZWPhillyMetro & RT this by 2/10 4 chance to win free PureGear iPhone case. Rules: Bit.ly/VZWiCase” - for a chance to win the prize described in paragraph 4 below.
If you are a resident of the WBV Region, you must follow @vzwprdc on Twitter and retweet one (1) time the following message - “The iPhone is here! Follow @VZWprdc & RT this by 2/10 4 chance to win free PureGear iPhone case. Rules: Bit.ly/VZWiCase” - for a chance to win the prize described in paragraph 4 below.
Entry must be made by 5:00 PM ET on February 10, 2011. Entry must be made by the entrant using their Twitter account. Limit one entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of enter. Any additional entries will be declared void. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet web site or email address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. You may also enter by texting an RT through Twitter from your wireless phone. You will be charged for the message and data rates for the RT that originate from your handset according to the terms in your Rate Plan with Verizon Wireless. Message and data charges vary by wireless carrier. Verizon Wireless charges are 20¢ per domestic text message sent and received. If you subscribe to a Verizon Wireless TXT Messaging Plan, usage will be deducted from your plan’s allowance; excess usage will be billed at 10¢ per text message sent and received. Verizon Wireless Prepay subscribers are charged up to 10¢ per text message sent and received.
All entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset. Text Messaging service is not available in all areas.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: (1) winner from each Region will be chosen at random from eligible entries to win a prize described in paragraph 4 below. Drawings will be conducted at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period and winners will be notified via Twitter Direct Message within a week of the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period. Only one Winner per household is permitted. Winners will be notified by direct message on Twitter. Odds of winning depend on the number of retweets received. If your tweet is the winning entry, you will be required to provide some or all of the following information: your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, and e-mail address. If it is determined by Sponsor that Winner is not a legal U.S. resident of the Region, the prize will be forfeited and alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining retweets received.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be One (1) Prize awarded during the Sweepstakes Period per Region for a total of five (5) winners. The prize will consist of One (1) Puregear Shell/Holster Combo iPhone case with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $29.99 with a Total ARV of $149.95. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Prize is awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND by Verizon Wireless, express or implied, without limitation.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS: No substitution for any prize will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of the Sponsor. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within fifteen (15) days of issuance. Failure to return all required documents in this time period may result in the Winner being disqualified and an alternate Winner selected. If a prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or declines acceptance of the Prize for any reason, an alternate Winner will be selected.
6. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and New York and, by entering, all Winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in New York.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, a winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, Winner and entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the Winner, entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance or use of any prize awarded.
9. ADDITONAL TERMS: Potential Winner must be able to accept or forfeit the prize and be deemed ineligible. Prize won by minor will be awarded in the name of the minor’s parent/legal guardian. Minor’s parent/legal guardian will be responsible for signing and returning required documentation. By accepting the prize, the winner grants to Verizon Wireless the right to use his/her name, likeness, hometown, and biographical information, for any lawful purpose, without further permission, release or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
Sponsor shall have the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate modify or suspend this Sweepstakes, and select the prize winners from entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
10. WINNERS LIST: For an Official Winners List (available after February 10, 2011) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Public Relations, Verizon Wireless, 100 Southgate Parkway, Morristown, NJ 07960